NY Traffic Tickets
The New York traffic attorneys at the law office of Craig M. Bondy help fight tickets in New York City, Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Staten Island, Long Island, Conneticut and New Jersey.
NY is notorious as a place where police, traffic cops and an assortment of other uniformed law enforcement personnel have the authority to issue traffic tickets to motorists for any number of NYC traffic violations. Here you will find a list of just some of the NYC traffic tickets and related violations for which motorists across the 5 boroughs frequently receive NYC traffic tickets:
- NY Speeding Tickets – NY VTL §1180.
- DWI, DUI, DWAI – Operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs – NY VTL § 1192.
- Driver responsibility assessment – NY VTL § 1199.
- Following Too Closely – NY VTL §1129.
- Operation of a Motor Vehicle Without Being Properly Licensed – NY VTL §509.
- Avoiding Intersection or Traffic-Control Device – NY VTL §1225.
- Use of Mobile Telephones – NY VTL § 1225-C.
- Use of Portable Electronic Devices – NY VTL § 1225-D.
- No-Passing Zones – NY VTL §1212.
- Obedience to and Required Traffic-Control Devices. – NY VTL §1110.
- Failure to Stop. – NY VTL §1110A.
- Reckless Driving – NY VTL §1212.
- One-way Roadways and Rotary Traffic Islands – NY VTL §1127.
- Opening and Closing Vehicle Doors – NY VTL §1214.
- Required Position and Method of Turning at Intersections. (Illegal Turning) – NY VTL §1160.
- Illegal U-turns – NY VTL §1161.
- Operating a Motor Vehicle without Insurance – NY VTL §319.1-4.
- Operating a Motor Vehicle without a License – NY VTL §509.
- Operation While License or Privilege is Suspended or Revoked; AUO – Aggravated Unlicensed Operation – NY VTL §511.
- Operation while Registration or Privilege is Suspended or Revoked – NY VTL §512.
- Violation of Pedestrians’ Right of Way in Crosswalks – NY VTL §1151.
- Violation of Traffic-Control Signals – NY VTL §1111.
- Obstructing Traffic at Intersection – NY VTL §1175.
- Stop Sign and Yield Sign Violations – NY VTL §1172.
- Operation of Vehicles without Safety Seats and Safety Belts – NY VTL §1229(c).
- Overtaking and Passing School Bus – NY VTL §1174.
- Throwing refuse on highways and adjacent lands – NY VTL §1220.
- Driving on sidewalks – NY VTL §1225-A.
Whether you have a NYC speeding ticket or any other NYC traffic ticket and even if you are not sure whether your situation requires a NY traffic lawyer to defend you, we welcome you to submit your ticket online or to contact our office directly for a free evaluation of your speeding ticket or traffic violation.